Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Altec 8551B equalizer

  1. #1
    Junior Hostboard Member mazur's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2007
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Altec 8551B equalizer

    Hi.

    I'm looking into getting a couple of 8551B equalizers and I was wondering if anyone has the software used to program the equalizer.

    Thanks for the help.

    Elias

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2008
    Location
    SEPA
    Posts
    633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 8551B equalizer

    Quote Originally Posted by mazur View Post
    Hi.

    I'm looking into getting a couple of 8551B equalizers and I was wondering if anyone has the software used to program the equalizer.

    Thanks for the help.

    Elias
    I liked the way they sound, but have since dispensed with external EQ's. Mine are for sale.

    I looked and looked for the s/w, to the point of running down every internetwaybackmachine link I could find for uA. Alas no luck, so I just used the programmer.

    Todd supposedly has (had?) it. He might chime in. :-)

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec 8551B equalizer


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 8551B equalizer

    I swear I remember Todd posting years ago he had the software. You're going to need an old computer to run it.

    I may even have the old gear.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Brain still works. Bottom reply in this thread

    altec 8551a on Epay
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 8551B equalizer

    I do - I have the software that can be loaded onto a computer. I also have the stand alone hardware to program them. They're good EQ's.
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.